Thursday, March 31, 2005

eBay and I

I apologize for neglecting my blog in the past two or three weeks (gee, has it been THAT long??). I have been selling some stuff on eBay. And let me tell you, whoever says eBay is easy money, is WRONG. I go to bed at 3 a.m., and had my first square meal in two weeks today. This should be over soon, until the next opportunity presents itself. Still, it's worth it; may be I can finally buy books that I want, and fix my car.

Speaking of finances, more news today on the impending collapse of the US dollar. The budget deficit figures quoted in the article floored me, really did. I remembered a line from my favorite movie, Dave. The one where this dude, presidential look-alike, becomes the president. At some point, his best friend, in an effort to help save a federally funded program, looks over the the federal budget and says, 'If I run my business this way, I'd go bust in no time'. This is exactly how I feel about the current budget situation. If I balanced my family budget in the way they do there, we'd be out in the streets before you can say 'bankruptcy'.

Well, while the country is tethering on the edge of disaster, people continue to live their lives; and they still want to buy expensive apparel, albeit at serious discount. So eBay's future remains bright in times of trouble, up to a certain point of course. Meanwhile, I'll be putting my money in gold, and in more inventory of designer shoes :); with an understanding that one must remain flexible and on constant lookout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati search